REASONABLE OFFER ACCEPTED:
One (1) incomplete set of Mickey Mouse and Friends figures from Disney’s Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Available for Local Pickup.
Original set included:
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Daisy Duck
- Mickey Mouse’s Mickey Car
- Clubhouse Silly Switch
The set you are taking home (no, seriously, you are taking it) includes the items listed below. I have tried to be as accurate as possible in my descriptions.
- Mickey Mouse – There are several areas of sucked/chewed off paint (possibly lead based as these were made in China). Otherwise in semi-acceptable condition. Note: You probably don’t need to worry about the lead as my 2 year old has been sucking on these figures daily and he seems fine. However, please bear in mind that I have low standards as to what constitutes “fine.”
- Minnie Mouse – Head has only been removed and glued back on twice. Recently found shoved in the bottom of a 6 year old’s laundry hamper, this piece is considered rare. I cannot guarantee it will still be available upon auction end.
- Goofy – Also has missing paint and both of his hands have been pried off. There was no saving them. It doesn’t really affect Goofy all that much considering his normal grace and demeanor.
- Donald Duck – More missing paint and he is unable to stand due to the awkward positions in which his legs have been bent.
- Dale – Paint is mainly intact. Not surprising since his main locale has been under or in the couch for the past 2 months. This figure also is unable to stand. It appears to be a manufacturing defect..
- Toodles (not pictured) – One twice-glued ear included. I recommend getting a bottle of “Loctite Instant Adhesive.”. It held so well that when the 2 year old broke the same ear off a second time, it actually broke off in a different spot. Please keep in mind that glue is currently drying, so you will need to allow 4-6 hours before pickup of your items to ensure maximum stability.
- Mickey Car – No visible defects or missing paint. It’s small. It gets lost easy, thus making it less prone to paint-sucking.
All of the above may or may not have been in any or all of the following places:
- In someone’s nose
- Shoved into a diaper – this could be either during regular play or while the diaper was being changed
- At the bottom of a guinea pig’s cage
- Inside someone’s shoe
- In the garbage
- In the toilet
Any pieces not listed have either been lost or damaged to the point of being irreparable.
It is worth noting that these pieces have the ability to entertain a child for hours; however, they also have been known to have an opposite effect and cause hours of whining when said child forgets which hiding spot he/she put them in last.
Frankly, I’m just tired of looking for them all the time. So, please, for the love of all that is holy, make me an offer.
This post was written in response to a prompt by The Red Dress Club.
What would you sell?
Write a humorous listing for eBay or Craig’s List. Talk about the history of the items, why they must go.
Word limit is 600.